The Lung Cancer Action Network (LungCAN®) is a collaborative group of lung cancer advocacy organizations that have come together to raise public awareness about the realities of lung cancer. Our intention is to increase funding for detecting, treating and curing the disease.
LungCAN member organizations provide resources in a single place. Please use this website to access organizations that can help you find the information and assistance you need, when you need it!
Patient’s Bill of Rights
- I have the right to receive a comprehensive cancer treatment plan, including:
- Treatments for my cancer, including chemotherapy, targeted therapy, surgical and/or radiation treatments, as appropriate for me.
- Therapies to help keep me comfortable before, during and after my cancer treatment.
- Pain control.
- Psychosocial care for myself and my loved ones.
- Survivorship care planning.
- I have the right to molecular testing of my tumor tissue, if appropriate for me, to ensure I have the right care for my particular tumor.
- I have the right to be informed about any clinical trials that may be appropriate for me.
- I have the right to a second opinion if I feel it would enhance my care.
- I have the right to be treated with respect and dignity regardless of my smoking history.